|Job Title||Workforce Development Case Manager|
|Posted By||Central States SER|
|Job Function||Case Manager|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Service Delivery / Social Work / Counseling|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Position Title: Career Development Specialist
Reports To: One Stop Center Manager
Summary: Responsible for conducting career management activities and providing supportive services to eligible customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to the mission of SER
2. Attends all staff meetings
3. Interviews customers or their authorized representatives to gather information to assess service needs.
4. Performs visits to customers’ homes and training provider’s sites.
5. Develops and implements service plans to meet customer needs through job matching, coaching, and retention.
6. Coordinates service provider activities.
7. Implements prescribed program-related procedures and accurate case management.
8. Provides ongoing case management and serves as a liaison between customers, and service providers.
9. Manages a comprehensive caseload.
10. Identifies problem areas and service gaps.
11. Documents case records and prepares reports.
12. Identifies and may prepare reports to supervisor on areas that are barriers to services for customers.
13. Inputs information and maintains case reporting on various automated reporting systems used by the corporation and local Workforce System.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in social work or a related field is generally preferred.
2. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted for degree.
3. Experience in social work, counseling, career planning, placement, or related field.
• Previous knowledge of the Workforce Investment Act
• Knowledge of Illinois Workforce Development System
Email your cover letter and resume to Pilar Trejo. email@example.com