|Job Title||Special Education Teacher-Rockford|
|Posted By||Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Greater Illinois -> NORTH: Belvidere, Dixon, Freeport, Moline, Rockford, Rock Island, Sterling|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Education/Teaching|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
The primary responsibility of the teacher is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of each student. The teacher is accountable for the development, implementation and monitoring of all aspects of classroom programming.
• Adhere to all mandated reporter and OIG guidelines at all times.
• Develop weekly lesson plans in alignment with student IEP goals.
• Perform and submit formal assessments at least 10 days prior to each student’s annual review, but not earlier than 30-days prior.
• Develop, in collaboration with team members, appropriate IEP goals based on assessment results 10 days prior to annual review.
• Update and provide data-based quarterly progress reports and IEP benchmarks.
• Note in lesson plans, references of informal assessment of specific students that triggered plan.
• Arrange for and perform activities, materials, and prompting hierarchies that relate to the IEP goals.
• Mentor and train classroom and 1:1 assistants to anticipate those activities that they can perform, which support the lesson plan.
• Provide monthly suggestions to the School Administrator/Program Coordinator on areas of training that would enhance the skills of teachers and aides.
• Conduct weekly meetings with paraprofessional staff members and submit documentation to administration.
• Interact with the School Administrator/Program Coordinator and clinical staff regarding clinical recommendations.
• Observe performance of classroom staff sufficient to perform an evaluation and assist administration with annual performance evaluation.
• Notify School Administrator/Program Coordinator of the onset of unacceptable performance of classroom staff.
• Communicate daily to parents via notebook or phone regarding the on-going performance of students.
• Maintain and update all required components to student main files.
• Participate in at least 2 outside trainings per school year directly related to serving students with special needs, particularly those diagnosed with autism.
• Participate in all scheduled in-house trainings throughout the school year.
• Participate in student IEP/MDC meetings throughout the school year.
• Participate in medical case review meetings for students throughout the school year.
• Conduct at least 2 observations in other classrooms and provide administration with documentation of each observation throughout the school year.
Educational and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education and Illinois State Type 10 teaching certificate or LBS1 (limited or unlimited) or;
• Bachelor’s Degree and an Illinois State teaching certificate in an area of regular education, and a Special Education endorsement, letter of approval or a short term emergency letter of approval.
• Completion of required clinical hours for teaching degree/certificate.
• Experience working with special needs population necessary.
• Ability to perform all functions necessary to obtain certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) and CPR.
• Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment.
• Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
• Normal visual acuity (corrected): Normal hearing (corrected).
• Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place.
• Normal physical agility, which include maneuvering the body while in place.
• Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
• Normal physical strength to handle 50-pound object, taking frequency into consideration.
• Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
• Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
• Above average endurance.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This position is for our Autism Therapeutic School located in Rockford Illinois, 650 North Main Street, Rockford, IL 61103