|Job Title||One on One Classroom Assistant|
|Posted By||Chicago Education Project|
|Start Date||October 2012|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Employment-Related Services|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Essential Function: Under the supervision of a lead special education teacher and a behavior analyst in a full time/year round school, paraprofessionals will be responsible for implementing education programs, teaching daily life skills, shadowing students in small group settings, and facilitating social interactions with peers and in the community. A paraprofessional is dedicated in facilitating individualized student goals in both the school and community environments while simultaneous decreasing maladaptive and dependent behaviors. Doing so will increase the students potential to develop and perform to their fullest potential under the guidance and supervision of a certified special education teacher and associate behavior analyst.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Monitor and track student behavior as specified on their individualized education program and behavior intervention plans
• Educating individual students (one-on-one or small group) who are on IEP’s under the direction of the supervising special education teacher.
• Provide assistance with and create individualized program materials.
• Assist with group educational activities that include student IEP’s.
• Monitor independent work
• Conferring and planning with teachers related to IEP objectives and/or modifications, and providing documentation.
• Follows classroom schedules.
• Assist the teacher with implementation of daily lesson plans
• Work in collaboration with the teacher and other paraprofessional in providing assistance to all students in the classroom
• Work on days when the student they are assigned is absent
• Employ verbal and physical intervention techniques approved by CEP when students become a danger to themselves or others
• Preparation of the classroom environment for learning activities.
• Assisting students with physical needs (toileting, eating…).
• Participating in professional activities & meetings.
• Working with audio-visual equipment, computers and/or assistive technology as related to IEP/accommodations & modifications.
• Be knowledgeable on all assigned student programs.
• Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Maintain classroom (housekeeping chores)
• Other duties as assigned
Salary: $23,000 +benefits
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education, psychology, speech, or related field
• ISBE Certified Substitute Teacher
• Reliable transportation
• Experience in educating children with autism or related disorders
• Experience in Applied Behavior Analysis or Verbal Behavior
This job is open for online applications.
To apply: Please send a Cover Letter, Resume, and References to Tara Longest, Director of Human Resources via email to email@example.com. Please type: “Resume: One on One Classroom Assistant” in the subject line.