|Job Title||Marketing and Communications Specialist|
|Posted By||Careers In Nonprofits, Inc.|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> North Chicagoland|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Marketing / Outreach / Communications|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
CAREERS IN NONPROFITS INC. is a full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector.
We are currently in search of a Marketing and Communications Specialist for an International Organization in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time, permanent assignment. If you or a friend may be interested in pursuing this opportunity please submit a resume to cmurphycnpstaffing.com with “Marketing and Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Organization
LOCATION: Skokie, IL
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Specialist
SALARY: $40,000 - $45,000; commensurate with experience
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Marketing. The Marketing and Communications Specialist, along with the Director of Marketing and the Communications Manager is responsible for executing an annual marketing plan and developing creative strategies that promote the organization’s mission and increase visibility within the philanthropic community.
• Proactively develop and implement marketing and communications strategies to increase visibility in the philanthropic community
• Promote mission externally through traditional publications and channels such as the website, brochures, direct mail, and tradeshow events, etc.
• Manage vendor relationships with advertising agencies, photographers, etc.
• Plan, budget, execute and create copy for various forms of informational communications
• Collaborate with vendors on the design of assigned projects while adhering to a pre-determined budget including:
• Print publications
• Web site and all e-communications
• Supporting materials for programs
• News and information services
• Press releases
• Manage timely invoicing and payment of related communication initiative expenses
• Evaluate marketing communication activities and develop initiatives for improvement or cost reduction
• Ensure accuracy and timely completion of annual marketing calendar
• Develop and track ROI metrics on marketing and communications efforts
• Support the Director of Marketing and Communications Manager on organizational branding and messaging for promotional materials.
• Represent organization at community, civic and other events as needed.
• Track the progress and implementation of new projects and their respective budgets
• Assist in the development and design of annual meeting themes
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
• Three to five years of experience in Marketing and Communications in a nonprofit, corporate or agency setting
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably with a focus in communications, advertising, marketing, or journalism
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, precise, persuasive and promotional communications
• Highly-effective communicator who can liaise with key stakeholders and vendors
• High proficiency in all areas of MS Office and ability to pick up new software quickly
• Knowledge of desktop publishing software and graphic design technologies
• Excellent project management and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented
• Self-directed; strong planning/organizational skills; balance multiple tasks and able to set priorities
• Ability to update web content, HTML coding a plus.
• Some international travel required
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
The employer has chosen to incorporate application directions and/or contact details in the posting description itself. Please reference the details above for this information.