|Job Title||Grant and Contract Accountant|
|Posted By||Erikson Institute|
|Salary Range||Based on experience|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Finance / Accounting|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
The basic function of the Grant Accountant is to manage and support relationships between project funders and the Institute. As part of the Finance and Accounting Department, duties include preparing project budgets for grants, contracts and other types of sponsored accounts, assisting with reports relating to project activities, and tracking revenues and expenditures for all such accounts. The Accountant interfaces with funders, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure that funds are accounted for properly and used in compliance with contract requirements. S/he meets regularly with Project Managers to ensure that the financial records of sponsored accounts conform to Institute and funder requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists Project Managers in preparing project applications including the development of funded partnerships and subcontracts; prepares corresponding budgets. Assists in developing time lines for program implementation.
Reviews periodic and annual accounting of all sponsored accounts with Project Managers or their designees. Provides guidance, technical assistance, and training to internal staff and external recipients of contract and grant funds to ensure that proper financial accountability systems are developed and implemented.
• Prepares and maintains schedules of funder reports and deadlines. Ensures reports are accurate, complete and in compliance with the Institute and funder requirements.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
• Coordinates, attends, and participates in meetings related to contract and grant policies, procedures, and payment applications.
• Develops and implements systems that ensure the timely processing and payment of contract and grant funds.
• Performs various account reconciliations and works to resolve any discrepancies
• Prepares required audit schedules for external auditors
• Assists with other projects, as necessary.
Founded in 1966, Erikson Institute is one of the nation's leading graduate schools in child development and early childhood education. It is a private, independent, NCA-accredited graduate school offering master's degrees, a Ph.D., graduate certificates, and professional development courses in child development and early childhood education. Erikson provides a variety of employee benefits, including excellent health and dental plans, life/disability insurance, transit stipend, matching retirement contributions, and more. To learn more, visit our Web site at www.erikson.edu
Erikson Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital or parental status, sexual orientation including gender identity, gender expression, military discharge status, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. In addition, Erikson Institute provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws (including during the application or hiring process).
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
• Sound understanding of the fundamentals of accounting.
• 5-7 years experience in accounting, budgeting, contracts and grants administration, and/or proposal development.
• Ability to work within strict time constraints and to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
• Exceptional project management skills (timeline, budget, procedure, reporting, evaluation).
• The ability to multi-task, provide effective follow-up with internal staff and external organizations, and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
• Must be a discreet, diplomatic individual who possesses the ability to work well with internal staff and outside vendors.
• A high level of proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, is required, with basic database knowledge and experience using Blackbaud's Financial Edge software a plus.
Please email, fax or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
451 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
NO phone inquiries accepted.