|Job Title||Fund Development Manager|
|Posted By||Populus XP, LLC|
|Start Date||December 16, 2013|
|Hourly Wage Range||Not Applicable|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> North Chicagoland|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Development / Fundraising / Grant Mgmt|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Populus XP, LLC is a full-service HR consulting firm that works closely with the nonprofit community.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, and dynamic Fund Development Manager for our client. The Fund Development Manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing all fundraising activities in accordance with a formalized fund development program and marketing strategy. The incumbent will also have responsibility for identifying, cultivating, and developing multiple funding sources for programs and activities, including driving all corporate fundraising initiatives. The Fund Development Manager will promote the organization within the community to ensure a broad base of funding resources and opportunities.
• Works closely with the Executive Director and the Foundation Development Committee to formalize the fund development program, and executes annual fundraising plan, develop fundraising strategies, and integrate with organization-wide initiatives.
• Trains staff and Board members on solicitation techniques and their roles in driving fundraising.
• Develops and coordinates all activities pertaining to financial development, including but not limited to, programs for planned and annual giving, major gifts, matching gifts, endowments, bequests and capital campaigns.
• Identifies and cultivates potential donors and serves as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor status to the next level.
• Responsible for all marketing and engagement efforts relating to constituencies.
• Maintains a database, which identifies donors for various giving programs, and assures ongoing confidentiality and accuracy of donor information.
• Ensures and adheres to best practices in supporting gift processing, data management, and donor relations related to annual giving.
• Develops and coordinates a plan for donor recognition, retention, renewal, and upgrade.
• Solicits gifts from corporations, foundations, community organizations, and selected individuals.
• Coordinates activities with marketing vendor and oversees all direct mail and social media campaigns, and oversees the production and distribution of fundraising collateral materials, including brochures, campaign packets, and letters.
• Prepares and distributes press releases announcing donor opportunities and special program initiatives.
• Prepares presentations and delivers to potential donors and key stakeholders that articulate the vision and case for support.
• Writes proposals to obtain grants from corporations and foundations
• Analyzes demographic and statistical donor data to assist with future planning and solicitation.
• Establishes relationships with local businesses, community leaders and serves on local committees, and acts as the spokesperson on fundraising matters.
• Prepares and submits reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors, as requested, relating to fundraising activities.
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on marketing and/or project management or related field required.
• Three years of experience in fund development, preferably in annual giving strategies, major gifts, planned giving, trust administration and tax exempt giving, and capital campaigns in a nonprofit environment.
• Foundation experience with a national nonprofit association highly preferred, with previous experience leading fundraising campaigns.
• Experience developing strategic plans relating to fundraising activities and securing financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
• Fundraising knowledge, including basic fundraising principles and techniques, fundraising regulations, laws and licensing requirements.
• Significant knowledge of marketing strategies and practices, including media relations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including social media navigation.
• Ability to write proposals for grant opportunities, and ability to plan and direct capital, annual, deferred, and endowment programs.
• Proven leadership and management capabilities, high energy, and “can-do” attitude.
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate with diverse individuals and to work across and in support of different and varied operations, including scientific and non-scientific communities.
• Keen understanding of the operations of nonprofit organizations.
• High degree of professionalism and code of ethical standards.
• Flexible and open to the culture of organizational change and tackling new opportunities.
• Significant experience developing plans relating to program development and execution.
• Intermediate to advanced project management skills required.
• Demonstrated skill in analyzing financial matters and preparing financial reports.
• Ability to stay abreast of new development in the business community, animal health movement, and philanthropic sector.
• High attention to detail, strong process orientation, demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated program management knowledge, including special event planning, and maintaining a donor database.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and function effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate direct reports to advance the company’s mission.
• High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, and other fundraising software programs.
• Ability to travel up to 15% and work some evenings and weekends for events, professional meetings, and conventions.
This job is open for online applications.
We anticipate a high volume of applications for this position, and we regretfully cannot respond to all applications. We will, therefore, only respond to those candidates whose backgrounds align with our client’s immediate needs and who best meet the specific requirements for the position. We will retain your information on file for the applicable period for consideration for future position openings.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Adriane Johnson, Populus XP, LLC, 2033 North Milwaukee Avenue, #214, Riverwoods, Illinois 60015; via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.