|Job Title||Executive Director|
|Posted By||Schauer Center|
|Salary Range||Based on experience|
|Start Date||Open until filled|
|Hourly Wage Range||Not Applicable|
|Location||Location -> Wisconsin -> Milwaukee Area|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Executive / Senior Management|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations and management activities of the organization, including, but not limited to:
1. Execute, uphold, safeguard, and promote the organization's values and philosophy, relating particularly to ethics, integrity, and corporate and social responsibility throughout the organization, as well as the communities we serve.
2. Development, scheduling, and management of programs that will enhance patron value, build loyalty, and achieve or exceed expected financial benchmarks established in the organization's budget.
3. Planning, organizing, and participating in multiple fundraising activities which meet or exceed established fundraising targets. Develop and expand the number and giving levels of donor relationships. Lead the solicitation of large giving commitments; cultivate strong, lasting relationships with key foundation, corporate, and individual donors, and development of grant applications and endowment activities.
4. Establishment of the organization's annual budget, managing and monitoring of the budget and related expense controls, and overseeing other financial holdings of the organization.
5. Management and supervision of all full-time and part-time employees of the organization, including assessing, evaluating, mentoring, and training or identifying training for department leaders and staff on a regular basis.
6. Working closely with the Schauer Center's four Resident Groups to manage activities such as practice times, set construction, and performance scheduling.
7. Regularly assess and evaluate current policies and procedures for adequacy and appropriateness; recommending changes or developing new policies as circumstances dictate.
The Schauer Center is seeking a self-motivated, results-driven individual who has a positive outlook and a clear focus on the organization's performance and financial goals. The ideal candidate will have experience as an Executive or Assistant Director of an arts center, a Bachelor's or Master's degree in the liberal arts, arts management or business related field.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with regional politicians, community and business leaders, program and series sponsors, high level individual donors, and potential new donors.
• Experience in year-round programming activities related to the many performance related activities associated with the Schauer Center.
• Strong verbal, written, and social media communications.
• Comfortable interacting with patrons and volunteers of the center, the Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, and staff.
• Experience in business financial matters and ability to interpret basic business finance reports such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and cash flows.
• Experience with fundraising, grant writing, and endowment programs.
• Experience in assessing, evaluating, and mentoring personnel, and resolving conflicts within the staff. Familiarity with government established labor and workplace laws, regulations, and related human resources best practices.
Interested applicants may apply by sending resume and cover letter to DirectorSearch@SchauerCenter.org or mail to: Schauer Center, Executive Director Search, 147 N. Rural Street, Hartford, WI 53027. Search open until position is filled. For additional information, visit http://www.schauercenter.org/AboutUs/JobsInternships.html.