|Job Title||Coordinator, Artistic Planning|
|Posted By||Chicago Symphony Orchestra|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Program Management|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Assist VP for Artistic Planning and other key Artistic team members in the preparation and execution of future seasons through the generation of orchestra service schedules; maximization of service utilization; budget preparation, monitoring and revising; and general administrative support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with VP in developing a rehearsal and concert schedule that maximizes service utilization. Work with budget managers in the development, monitoring and analysis of all artistic and departmental budgets.
2. Generate Orchestra Master schedule as guided by VP and Directors, including allocation of rehearsal, performance, touring, vacation, and Ravinia days in accordance with the musicians’ union contract and with an eye to ensuring maximization of service utilization. Communicate regularly with members of the Operations team the details and any changes to this schedule.
3. Develop a deep understanding of budget and artistic planning software.
4. Prepare the negotiation of contracts for CSO guest artists and commissioned composers.
5. Negotiate rights for images for Beyond the Score.
6. Negotiate and execute contracts for preconcert lecturers and part-time program annotators, and ensure timely payment of all.
7. Ensure daily accuracy of ArtsVision for future seasons.
8. Seek input, maintain, and monitor departmental calendar so that work flow is balanced and achieved on time.
9. Oversee complete and orderly communication of future planning materials and responsibilities to Director of Artistic Administration following season announcement and serve as the key link between planning and implementation.
10. Assist Director of Programming (SCP) in contract negotiations for classical artists as needed.
11. Assist in developing CSO’s Beyond the Score licensing programs.
12. Maintain searchable records of all planning discussions, season drafts, and clash lists so that all parties can be well informed of history of discussions.
13. Provide financial planning support to department including new models for concert margin analysis.
14. Serve as resource on CSO Master Agreement contract negotiation issues in future negotiations.
15. Serve as support and aid in preparation for chorus negotiations.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. At least one year of work experience in an artistic administration environment, preferably for a professional orchestra.
3. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
4. Experience in preparing and tracking budgets.
5. Superior oral and written communication skills.
Please submit letter, resume, and salary history to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604-2508
Fax (312) 294-3838
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.