|Job Title||Becoming a Man (BAM) Counselor|
|Posted By||Youth Guidance|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Service Delivery / Social Work / Counseling|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Youth Guidance is a school-based non-profit social service agency that creates and implements school-based programs that enable at-risk children to overcome obstacles, focus on their education and, ultimately, to succeed in school and in life.
Position Title: Becoming a Man (BAM) Counselor
1. Provide direct counseling and/or support services to clients within agency policies and programs.
2. Participate on a team and helps formulate team programs.
3. May work at multiple sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide BAM group counseling to assigned clientele. Perform all necessary functions to develop BAM program in assigned schools. Provide clinical assessments of each client.
2. Provide individual, family and crisis intervention work, as needed.
3. Participate in staff development programs.
4. Participate in teacher training and school in-service presentations.
5. Perform required functions (statistics, record keeping, research, etc.) and special administrative assignments.
6. Perform public relations assignments as requested.
7. Participate and provide in-service training to the school community.
8. Serve on Board or Agency committees as requested.
9. Collaborate and/or coordinate services with the LSC, Parent Programs and the Pupil Personnel Support Team
10. May assume additional responsibilities that support broader based functions and goals of the agency.
11. May be required to supervise, develop or coordinate programming, based on client needs.
12. May be involved in facilitating whole school change.
13. May supervise other BAM workers, Youth Development Specialist, interns or volunteers.
14. Participate in Team Meetings, Committee Meetings, and All Staff Meetings.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Masters Degree in social work, counseling or a related human service field from an approved accredited university is preferred. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
2. Must successfully complete both approved BAM training and an approved Manhood training curriculum.
3. Must demonstrate knowledge of advanced psychological concepts.
4. Must have at least two years experience providing supervised group counseling.
5. Must be committed to work with at-risk youth.
6. Must successfully pass a DCFS background check.
7. Must be committed to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
8. Must function well in group and team settings.
9. Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
10. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Reporting Relationship: Supervised by Program Manager or designated staff.
Classification Status: This is an exempt position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Anthony DiVitorrio, LCPC, Program Manager
1 North LaSalle Street, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60602
No Phone Calls Please