|Job Title||ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, WEB COMMUNICATIONS|
|Posted By||Erikson Institute|
|Salary Range||Based on experience|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Marketing / Outreach / Communications|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Erikson Institute, the nation’s leading graduate school in child development, is seeking to hire an associate director, web communications. This position, which is based in downtown Chicago, will work from Erikson’s strategic goals to conceptualize, develop, manage, execute, monitor, and test the effectiveness of the Institute’s communications and marketing through its websites and other web-based initiatives.
The successful candidate for the associate director position will be a communications professional with a deep understanding of online communications and marketing, as well as strong technical knowledge.
The position is part of the three-person communications team and reports to the director of communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and management for Erikson’s web-based communications, including its public website, www.erikson.edu, and online marketing efforts.
• Work closely with key Erikson staff, particularly in Enrollment Management, Institutional Advancement, Continuing Education, and Information Technology, to create practical, forward-thinking solutions to communications needs.
• Serve as Erikson’s webmaster and, in collaboration with the Communications staff, maintain website content.
• Research, recommend, and implement new online communications and marketing strategies and technologies in support of Erikson’s strategic goals.
• Serve as project manager for web-related projects conducted by Erikson’s projects and centers.
• Manage relationships with web designers, developers, our hosting service, and related vendors.
• Contribute to Erikson’s social media efforts by helping identify content and intersections with web communications.
• Write and update relevant web communications policies and procedures and develop site documentation, as needed.
• Help maintain department records and archives.
Founded in 1966, Erikson Institute is the nation’s leading graduate schools in child development and early childhood education. It is a private, independent, regionally-accredited graduate school offering master’s degrees, a Ph.D., graduate certificates, and professional development courses in child development and early childhood education. Erikson provides a variety of employee benefits, including excellent health and dental plans, life/disability insurance, transit stipend, matching retirement contributions, and more. To learn more, visit our website at www.erikson.edu.
Erikson Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Erikson Institute provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws (including during the application or hiring process).
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Five to ten years of demonstrated success in web communications.
• Strong knowledge of website development, web content strategy, search engine optimization, usability, and analytics.
• Strong writing skills, particularly for online communications.
• Interest in learning about early childhood care and education, as well as best practices in higher education communications.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics, including culture, race, language, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, social class, and abilities.
Please email, fax, or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Communications
451 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Please…no phone inquiries accepted.