|Job Title||Assistant Director, Registration and Student Records|
|Posted By||Erikson Institute|
|Salary Range||Based on experience|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Admin Support / Office Mgmt|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Erikson Institute, a graduate school in child development located in downtown Chicago, is seeking to hire an Assistant Director for Registration and Student Records. The position is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of student academic records by managing the life cycle of the academic grading process (developing the grading calendar through posting on official transcripts); receiving and processing all academic transcript requests; coordinating the teacher licensure entitlement notification process; and managing all requests for changes to student demographic and personal data. The Assistant Director also serves as the CTA U-Pass coordinator for the Institute and co-leads the planning and implementation of the master’s commencement ceremony.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and produce accurate and complete academic transcripts based upon guidelines set forth by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
• Manages the full cycle of the Institute’s academic grading process. Works closely with faculty to ensure compliance with all Institute grading and grade change policies and procedures.
• Implements the department’s records retention policy in accordance with the Institute’s Records Retention Policy and Archive Purpose Statement.
• Receives and approves requests for verification of enrollment status, including student loan deferment certifications. Ensure full compliance with FERPA and related institutional policies regarding the collection, recording, maintenance and disclosure of student records.
• Serves as one of the Institute’s teacher licensure officers for the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). Evaluates undergraduate transcripts of candidates for teacher licensure.
• Co-leads the planning and implementation of the commencement ceremony and reception.
• Coordinates the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) U-Pass program for the Institute.
• Assists with the administration of the master’s comprehensive examinations.
• Receives, evaluates and records student immunization information in the student information system and oversees all follow-up communications with students who do not meet Illinois state requirements for student immunization. Submits annual reports to the State of Illinois regarding the school’s compliance.
• Updates current and previous student record data (address, phone number, name changes, degree information, job title, and information not to be disclosed, etc.) and subsequent communications with students, alumni, faculty and staff as needed.
Founded in 1966, Erikson Institute is one of the nation's leading graduate schools in child development and early childhood education. It is a private, independent, NCA-accredited graduate school offering master's degrees, a Ph.D., graduate certificates, and professional development courses in child development and early childhood education. Erikson provides a variety of employee benefits, including excellent health and dental plans, life/disability insurance, transit stipend, matching retirement contributions, and more. To learn more, visit our web site at www.erikson.edu
Erikson Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital or parental status, sexual orientation including gender identity, gender expression, military discharge status, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. In addition, Erikson Institute provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws (including during the application or hiring process).
The Assistant Director, Registration and Student Records must possess and demonstrate:
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills balanced with excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics, including culture, race, language, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, social class, and abilities.
• Ability to use technology to improve communications and services.
• Familiarity with student information systems and relationship management software.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
o Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
o Minimum of two years of full-time experience in a higher education setting required, preferably in registration and student records, academic advising or enrollment management.
o Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration across diverse groups of constituents, including students, faculty, academic advisors, alumni and other staff.
Please email, fax or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Dean of Enrollment Management
451 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Absolutely NO phone inquiries accepted.