|Job Title||Public Information Officer|
|Posted By||The American Medical Association|
|Job Function||public relations, media, press releases|
|Salary Range||Based on experience|
|Hourly Wage Range||Based on experience|
|Location||Location -> Illinois -> Chicago / Cook County|
|Type of Work||Type of Work -> Marketing / Outreach / Communications|
|Job Type||Job Type -> Full-time|
Join the American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, and help doctors help patients in your role as a Public Information Officer in Media Relations. In this role you will promote AMA programs, policies and initiatives through comprehensive strategic media outreach. Work Proactively to secure favorable media placements for AMA. Provide public relations counsel to the AMA for media-related inquiries. Use new/social media to promote AMA programs, policies and initiatives.
Responsibilities will include - serve as liaison with the media by responding to a heavy volume of media contacts regarding AMA issues and policy; provide strategic communications counsel and message development for key AMA programs and initiatives; write news releases, backgrounders, talking points, statements, letters to the editor, opinion pieces, blog posts and other materials; and develop and nurture good working relationships with members of the media.
To qualify for this important position, you must possess the following:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum three to five years experience in public relations, communications, journalism, or related fields. Health policy focus preferred.
• Strong writing skills with a proven ability for news and opinion writing; demonstrated ability to provide communications counsel.
• Strong interpersonal skills needed, including relationship building and maintenance skills and the ability to persuade and negotiate in a high visibility environment.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a high-performance, team environment; demonstrated ability to cope in a high-stress, high-pressure, fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated competence in dealing with print, broadcast and social media.
• Ability to travel as needed.
The American Medical Association (AMA), is the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians. We are headquartered in Chicago with smaller offices in Washington DC and in New Jersey. All of the AMA offices are within easy access of public transportation and are located in modern work facilities with complete administration and office support. The AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce.
To apply for the Public Information Officer position with AMA, job #3091DH, external applicants may apply by going to www.ama-assn.jobs and submit a resume. We hope to hear from you soon! We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce.
The employer has chosen to incorporate application directions and/or contact details in the posting description itself. Please reference the details above for this information.