Where the good
find the best.
Many of you responded to the recent Employer Satisfaction survey that NPO.net staff conducted. The results were very positive, and included a few constructive suggestions that will help make this nonprofit job board work better for you.
Here are some quick tips for using NPO.net:
- You can deactivate live posts through “Manage Jobs” under Your Account pull-down menu. Click on the tiny word “Deactivate.” (Clicking on “Delete Post” will also deactivate it and save it in your account in the Inactive Jobs section.)
- When posting a job, use the formatting tools provided above both text areas (including bullets and lists). Your job post will look great and will be easier for job seekers to read.
- Hyperlink your website, email address, and application instructions that you type in the body of the job description area. Highlight the text you wish to hyperlink, then select the link icon in the formatting tool. It will recognize email addresses in the URL area.
- Make sure you write a cover letter that addresses the requirements of the job description. Personalize your letter for each job you apply for.
- Use the search function to narrow down your job search. Click on the Browse tab to see the number of posts by location and category. The Explore tab displays all employers by name and by state.
Customer service is available M-F 8:30-5:00 EST at 888-491-8833 x 2455 or by email.